Packaging and Merchandising Design | Exercises

Week 1/ Week 6
Mohamed Hammam Chebel (0342483) BDE's. Creative Media (Hons). 
Packaging and Merchandising Design
Exercises | Case Study, Box Making.

Instructions


Case Study

In this first exercise, we were asked to make a case study on existing packaging and analyze its design elements and components, I chose the big mac box from Mcdonald's, I had to identify the brand identity on the packaging analyze the typography, and how it was used on the box, determine the graphic elements, imagery and the use of white space.
After all, I had to make a summary or a report on the packaging I analyzed, give my personal opinion on the overall look of the box and its functionality in real life.

Here is my final Case study submission:

Fig 1.0
Case study final submission 



Box Making 

In this exercise, we had to pick two loose items/Products and redesign a packaging or a box for them, I picked a NIVEA deodorant and a ZARA perfume bottle. It was my first time making boxes so I took a long time to learn how to do it, I did some research on box die-cut making, etc...

In the area I live in, I couldn't find the right materials to make the boxes (plain Cardboard sheets), so I made the boxes out of pizza cardboard boxes.

I started first drawing the die-cut in adobe illustrator then I printed both die lines in real measurements.

I used a cutter and a ruler to cut through the cardboard boxes.

Finally, I used a little bit of glue to bind the box together. Then I placed the products into the boxes.

Below is the process of the box making exercise:

Fig 1.1 
Parfume bottle, box die line

Fig 1.2 
Deodorant bottle, box die line


Fig 1.3
Sketches die lines, and final result.




Comments

Popular Posts