Brand Corporate Identity | Project 2








Week   | Week 
Mohamed Hammam Chebel (0342483) BDE's. Creative Media (Hons) 
Brand Corporate Identity 
Project 2: Logo

Instructions



Research and Analysis:

In this task, we must research about 28 Random logos and make a visual analysis for each one. We have to identify the color scheme, the type of logo (Logomark, wordmark, etc...), and to describe the logo briefly by identifying the typeface used.

I started analyzing every logo I saw daily, here is my progress before feedback: 


Fig 1.1 
Logo research and analysis (Before feedback)

After receiving the lecturer's feedback, I made some changes to the slides' information and added a new 16 logo analysis.

Fig 1.2
Logo research and analysis / Updated

Logo Design:

At the same time and while doing research and analysis, we were asked to make a suitable logo for the Brand DARRMA, we were given background information about the founder and the brand identity, also we have a recorded interview with the founder which allow understanding the brand goal further.

After I watched the recorded videos and read the questionnaire, I started sketching my ideas, here is my progress:

Fig 2.1
Logo design sketches 1



Fig 2.2
Logo design sketches 2



these are the first digitized versions of my sketches:
Fig 2.3
Logo design Ai

Fig 2.4
Logo design Ai

Fig 2.5
Logo design Ai

Fig 2.6
Logo design Ai



After the feedback, I got from our lecturer, I worked on a symbol for the brand, here is my progress 


Fig 2.7
Logo design Ai
Fig 2.8
Logo design Ai

Fig 2.9
Logo design Ai


Fig 2.10
Logo design Ai


Fig 2.11
Logo design Ai

Fig 2.12
Logo design Ai

Fig 2.13
Logo design Ai


I decided to finalize the logo snd choose the one in Fig 2.13 Here is the final logo design submission Before consultation and feedback.

Fig 3.1
Final Logo design submission / Before feedback

After I met with the lecturer and after receiving suggestions and feedback, she suggested for me to just go with the wordmark Darrma without the symbol I created as it doesn't represent the brand properly.

Here is my new submission of the logo design task after feedback: 


Fig 3.2
Final Logo design submission / Updated After feedback


Feedback 

week 04

- work on proportion of symbol against the typo
  - the line is stiff in the letter R, make it more curved
  - Add a little bit of curvature to the R.
  - Focus on the swash of the R.
  - work on the form of the monk
  - Very good interpretation of Buddhism.
  - monk shape is the first priority.
  - Reduce details on ornaments it is a bit overwhelming 
  -  go for the lower cases R logo as second priority
  - create the flower from the letter R to fill up the empty space.
  - the logo with the leaves goes third

week 05:

Specific Feedback:
- keep number 5 in the pocket 
- number 6 is limited in terms of elements.
- number 8 is very predictable.
- number 9 is challenging to read.
- do not distort the letter A in number 9.
- keep the meditation symbol,
- number 3 is better than number 9

week 06:

Specific feedback
- the first one is alright
- the second one: the letters are far from each other
- the lines are too thin, try to put on some weight to them.
- Kern the letters.
- the last one doesn't work as a fashion label
- kern the a and r letters, justify letters individually.
- work on a symbol for darrma.

Reflection

Observation 

I noticed that thinking and sketching can take a long time before deciding on a logo for a brand, several attempts and variations should be done before proceeding with building the logo

Experience

I felt like logo design can be hard sometimes especially for someone like me who is not too familiar with the software, I had difficulties executing what I have sketched, but I was able to do it in the end.  

Findings 

I found that Logo design has to be well thought about, I also found that a logo has its own measurements and proportions, a rationale is needed for a logo, it has to have a meaning and it has to represent that meaning into its form. 

























Comments

Popular Posts